Last modified: April 7, 2020
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, SHYFT Analytics is subject to the regulatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
SHYFT Analytics’ accountability for personal data that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, SHYFT Analytics remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless SHYFT Analytics proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, SHYFT Analytics commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union, UK, and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact SHYFT Analytics by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHYFT Analytics has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
- Information Collected: When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about SHYFT Analytics’ products, SHYFT Analytics requires you to provide personal information, such as:
- Name, company name, title, email address, phone number
As you navigate SHYFT Analytics’ Web site or use the Services, SHYFT Analytics may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools such as Web beacons and cookies. Information collected includes standard information from your Web browser such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, referring/exit pages, links clicked, and actions taken while browsing.
- Use of Information Collected: SHYFT Analytics uses the information collected from our Web site and Services to perform the services requested. For example, we may use this information to:
- Send requested product or service information
- Send product updates
- Respond to customer service requests
- Enhance user profiles
- Send newsletters
- Send promotional and marketing communications
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site, Services and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Respond to inquiries regarding career opportunities
- Respond to customer service requests
When you visit SHYFT Analytics’ Web site, the Company collects your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information. For example, SHYFT Analytics uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which customers and users navigate the Company’s Web site and Services.
Third Party Cookies
From time-to-time, SHYFT Analytics may engage third parties to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from individuals who visit the Company’s Web sites and use the Services. The information provided to third parties does not include personal information.
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you use navigate the Company’s Web sites or use a Service we provide, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies. SHYFT uses “Google Analytics” (https://analytics.google.com) and associated tools in connection with the Services to collect and analyze information about how users use a Service. Google Analytics collects information such as how often you visit the Service, what pages you visit when you do so, and information on specific pages and content you access. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to improve the Services offered to our customers. Google Analytics collects only the Internet Protocol address assigned to you on the date you visit a Service, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- Customer Names and Testimonials: SHYFT Analytics may post lists of customers and testimonials on the Company’s Web sites that contain information such as customer names and titles. SHYFT Analytics obtains the consent of each customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
- Communications Preferences: SHYFT Analytics offers customers and visitors who provide contact information a means to choose how the Company uses the information provided. You may send a request specifying your communications preferences to compliance@SHYFTAnalytics.com.
- Correcting and Updating Your Information: Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, EU and Swiss individuals have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you in the United States. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data transferred to the United States under Privacy Shield, should direct their query to compliance@SHYFTAnalytics.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. We will respond to all requests for access, to correct inaccurate data, update information, or delete information within 30 days.
- Customer Data: SHYFT Analytics’ customers may electronically submit data or information (“Customer Data”) for hosting and processing purposes. SHYFT Analytics will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer Data except as provided in the SHYFT Analytics Master Service Agreement, or as may be required by law. SHYFT Analytics may access Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the Services, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, at a Customer’s request in connection with Customer support matters, or as may be required by law.
- Access to Data Controlled by our Customers: SHYFT Analytics has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct queries to the appropriate SHYFT Analytics customer (the data controller). If a SHYFT Analytics customer requests SHYFT Analytics’ assistance in the removal of data, SHYFT Analytics will respond to such requests within 30 business days.Data Retention:
SHYFT Analytics will retain Customer Data as provided in the SHYFT Analytics Master Service Agreement, or as may be required by law.
- Security: The security of your personal information and our customers’ information is important to us. We follow industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at compliance@SHYFTAnalytics.com.
- Contacting Us and Opt-Out: If you provide personal information to us in connection with our Web site or Services, we may send you email communications containing promotional materials about our other products and services, as described in Section 3 above. If you do not want us to send you these promotional materials or to share your contact information with third parties to assist us in doing so, you may opt out of receiving these communications from us by following the instructions provided at the bottom of each email.
- We will provide an individual opt-out choice, or opt-in for sensitive data, before we share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To request to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to compliance@SHYFTAnalytics.com.
SHYFT Analytics, Inc.
110 High St, Boston, MA 02110
compliance@SHYFTAnalytics.comTo prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. If you want to opt-out, download and install the add-on for your web browser.
- SHYFT Confidentiality Agreement
SHYFT Confidentiality Agreement