Last modified: January 9, 2018
SHYFT Analytics’ accountability for personal data that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, SHYFT Analytics remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless SHYFT Analytics proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
SHYFT Analytics complies with the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. SHYFT Analytics has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
- Information Collected`When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about SHYFT Analytics’ products, SHYFT Analytics requires you to provide personal information, such as:
- Name, company name, title, email address, phone number
As you navigate SHYFT Analytics’ Web site or use the Services, SHYFT Analytics may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools such as Web beacons and cookies. Information collected includes standard information from your Web browser such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, referring/exit pages, links clicked, and actions taken while browsing.
- Use of Information CollectedSHYFT Analytics uses the information collected from our Web site and Services to perform the services requested. For example, we may use this information to:
- Send requested product or service information
- Send product updates
- Respond to customer service requests
- Enhance user profiles
- Send newsletters
- Send promotional and marketing communications
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site, Services and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Respond to inquiries regarding career opportunities
- Respond to customer service requests
- Web Site Navigational InformationSHYFT Analytics uses commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons, to collect information as you navigate the Company’s Web site or use the Services (“Web Site Navigational Information”). This section describes the types of Web Site Navigational Information that may be collected on the Company’s Web sites and how this information may be used.Cookies
We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Web site and use the Services. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. Cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance our Services.
When you visit SHYFT Analytics’ Web site, the Company collects your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information. For example, SHYFT Analytics uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which customers and users navigate the Company’s Web site and Services.
Third Party Cookies
From time-to-time, SHYFT Analytics may engage third parties to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from individuals who visit the Company’s Web sites and use the Services. The information provided to third parties does not include personal information.
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you use navigate the Company’s Web sites or use a Service we provide, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies. SHYFT uses “Google Analytics” (https://analytics.google.com) and associated tools in connection with the Services to collect and analyze information about how users use a Service. Google Analytics collects information such as how often you visit the Service, what pages you visit when you do so, and information on specific pages and content you access. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to improve the Services offered to our customers. Google Analytics collects only the Internet Protocol address assigned to you on the date you visit a Service, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personal information.
- Sharing of Information CollectedWe may the information we collect from access and use of our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve the Services, to develop new service offerings, and to protect the Company, our customers and our users. We may use the personal information you provide across all of the Services we offer.We use non-personally identifiable information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services. We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our business partners and customers. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Services.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this
We may provide your personal information to companies or their Web sites that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as customer support, billing for our Services, and Internet hosting. These companies are authorized to access and use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
In the event of unauthorized use, tampering with, or modification of this system—or its supporting hardware or software, we may provide personal information we determine is relevant regarding possible violation of law to law enforcement officials and investigators.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- Customer Names and TestimonialsSHYFT Analytics may post lists of customers and testimonials on the Company’s Web sites that contain information such as customer names and titles. SHYFT Analytics obtains the consent of each customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
- Communications Preferences
SHYFT Analytics offers customers and visitors who provide contact information a means to choose how the Company uses the information provided. You may send a request specifying your communications preferences to compliance@SHYFTAnalytics.com.
- Correcting and Updating Your InformationUnder the principles of the US-EU Privacy Shield, you have the right to access any personal data held by SHYFT Analytics. To review and update or correct inaccuracies in the personal information you have provided to us, or to delete your personal information from our systems, contact us at compliance@SHYFTAnalytics.com. We will respond to all requests for access, to correct inaccurate data, update information, or delete information within 30 days.
- Customer DataSHYFT Analytics’ customers may electronically submit data or information (“Customer Data”) for hosting and processing purposes. SHYFT Analytics will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer Data except as provided in the SHYFT Analytics Master Service Agreement, or as may be required by law. SHYFT Analytics may access Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the Services, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, at a Customer’s request in connection with Customer support matters, or as may be required by law.Service Provider, Sub-Processors/Onward Transfer:
Access to Data Controlled by our Customers:
SHYFT Analytics has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct queries to the appropriate SHYFT Analytics customer (the data controller). If a SHYFT Analytics customer requests SHYFT Analytics’ assistance in the removal of data, SHYFT Analytics will respond to such requests within 30 business days.
SHYFT Analytics will retain Customer Data as provided in the SHYFT Analytics Master Service Agreement, or as may be required by law.
- SecurityThe security of your personal information and our customers’ information is important to us. We follow industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at compliance@SHYFTAnalytics.com.
- Dispute ResolutionAny questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of Personal Information should be directed toSHYFT Analytics at the address given below. SHYFT Analytics will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with the principles contained in this Statement.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
SHYFT Analytics, Inc.
203 Crescent Street; Suite 203
Waltham, MA 02453
To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. If you want to opt-out, download and install the add-on for your web browser.
- SHYFT Confidentiality Agreement
SHYFT Confidentiality Agreement
Update on SHYFT’s recertification to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework: Due to the ongoing federal government shutdown, SHYFT’s recertification (due Jan. 9, 2019) has not yet been approved by the International Trade Administration. Regardless of the status of its Privacy Shield certification on PrivacyShield.gov, SHYFT affirms that it is, and will continue to be, in compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield program’s data protection requirements. We encourage you to contact us should you have a Privacy Shield-related (or general privacy-related) question at compliance@SHYFTAnalytics.com.